Nutrisystem Weight Loss Review 2015 ~ Week 11
My saga of weight loss on Nutrisystem continues. There’s not a lot to report. Each day I start out determined not to “make any mistakes” and each day I fall short of that goal. But I realized that compared to how I’d normally eat when I’m totally not paying attention, I’m doing much, much better! So, once again, I remind myself that changing how you eat forever means being realistic and making gradual changes.
One huge thing I’ve learned is identifying “triggers” that lead to overeating or eating the wrong things. And by “wrong things” I just mean things you didn’t intend to eat. For example, harmlessly having that ONE Girl Scout cookie you rationalize that you can eat, and then wondering where the rest of the box of cookies went. Triggers are just that, they trigger a reaction. Trigger by definition isn’t a negative thing. Triggers can be a good thing! For example, if you walk outside and the sun is shining and birds are singing, it might trigger a happy memory or the desire to take a deep breath and enjoy it.
Pictured above: Granola Cereal – Nutrisystem Breakfast option. I added Greek yogurt and strawberries to mine, it was so good!
But when it comes to avoiding triggers that lead to making bad food choices or overeating, those triggers are important to identify and equally important to stay away from as often as possible.
Deep down, I sometimes think stinky things like this is all carefully worded nonsense. Harsh? Yeah. But, I feel like this whole “forgive yourself” and whatnot is what’s keeping me overweight. I need a drill sergeant not a nanny! I feel like I need a drastic HUGE change. Like those basic training level, high impact, no pain no gain workouts. Yet, when I’ve done extreme things like that, that’s when I start to feel like I’m missing out on things I love. So, you see the struggle here! lol!
Baby steps. 🙂
- Here in Wisconsin, our Spring came early, then it snowed, then that melted and it was beautiful again, and then it snowed.
- I do really, really well all day until evening when it’s time for dinner (supper) and then it’s hit or miss (usually miss!)
- Continuing to take baby steps and feeling discouraged that more isn’t happening. I entered my calories per day and how fast that would make me reach my goal weight, and found it wouldn’t be until this fall! Then I realized that I haven’t been my goal weight in a looooooong time, and if I don’t do this I will still not be by fall! 🙂
- I’ve lost 11.5 lbs so far! (2 lbs this week)
- I’ve lost a total of 5 inches!
Want to lose weight and get healthy on Nutrisystem? Join today by calling 1-888-853-4689 or by visiting http://www.nutrisystem.com/nsblog.
For this review, I’ll be receiving food & services in exchange for participation in the program. All opinions expressed are my own and no one else’s. I will provide honest feedback and progress throughout my weight-loss journey.
Bloggers interested in losing weight, head on over and join Nutrisystem Blogger Nation!