NutriBullet PRO 900 Series Review
We received a NutriBullet PRO 900 Series to review. We’ve been dieting and trying to eat healthier for a while now, so this seemed like a really great product for us to try out. We’ve been using it for a few weeks and have been quite happy with it. Both my husband and I have been having “healthy shakes” in the morning and he’s also been making “healthy desserts” after supper. We’ve used some of the recipes from their cookbook, and have also made up a few of our own.
From the NutriBullet PRO website:
The unique combination of the all-new NUTRIBULLET PRO Extractor Blade and our exclusive Cyclonic Action generate the power to break down, pulverize and emulsify foods so you can access the hidden nutrition inside. Unlike everyday juicers and blenders, the NutriBullet completely breaks down ingredients in their most nutritious, most absorptive state. Finally, you’ll have access to the hidden nutrition inside the foods that you eat. Easily transform ordinary food into superfood and add years to your life! Juicers make juice. Blenders make smoothies, but the NutriBullet PRO makes supercharged Superfood NutriBlasts!
I really like the idea that I can put a cup of spinach and other veggies in with favorite fruits like bananas and strawberries and some almond milk and it feels like I’m just having dessert. Even better, we’re eating healthy foods that we normally wouldn’t have even considered. It seems like a banana will offset the taste of any of the “greens”. We’ve tried adding in yogurt, orange juice, honey, and a wide variety of other items that were suggested in their cookbooks. Not surprisingly, we do like the sweeter ones better. I made a bean dip recipe and that was good, although it was a bit weird that it was smooth… (no chunks), I think it would have been better to add in a few more beans at the end and only blend for a couple of seconds more in order to have some some “chunks”. The NutriBullet PRO blends so quickly and completely that it is challenging to leave any chunks. lol.
FYI: The NutriBullet PRO 900 Series has 30% more power than the original NutriBullet PRO.
Basically, for the healthy shakes… they have a very simple base recipe:
- 50% leafy greens,
- 50% fruits and/or veggies (can combine many),
- add water to the “MAX” line.
- You can also add up to ¼ cup of nutritious “boosts.” Boosts include super foods like goji berries, nuts or seeds (many of which I had never tried and/or even heard of before).
I also have to say that I have never in my life purchased “kale”… and ended up with a bad bag of it because I didn’t even know what it was supposed to taste/smell like, lol. Eww. They don’t recommend using greens from a bag, fresher is better, organic is best, etc. I was in a hurry and just grabbed a bag from the produce section. Learned my lesson there. It does seem weird to be drinking “green stuff.” Fortunately it doesn’t taste green. 🙂
Recipe book contains recipes geared to specific situations:
- The Hormone Helper
- The Cholesterol Crusher
- Sleepy Seeds
- The Foundation of Youth
- The Beauty Blast
- The Skinny Blast
You can find a lot more great NutriBullet recipes on their website.
- Powerful: 900 horsepower motor
- Healthy: Unlike juicing, which removes the pulp and flesh of fruits and veggies, NutriBullet PRO gets the whole thing – you’re not wasting anything!
- Simple to use: only 1 setting, no switches
- Easy to clean: All of the NutriBullet PRO cups and lids are top rack dishwasher safe. The only things that cannot go in the dishwasher are the NutriBullet PRO motor base and blades. Blending cup is also the drinking cup (less dirty dishes!)
- Versatile: NutriBullet PRO also makes delicious nutrient extracted soups, dressings, desserts, all-natural ice creams, dips and more.
- Tough: The plastic glasses, handles and lids are made of BPA-Free plastic, so it won’t break or make you sick. Blades are made with a high-quality stainless steel that is rust-proof and dishwasher safe.
- Compact and attractive: can enough to leave out on the counter full time
- LOTS of good information: very nice hardcover cookbook and lots of great recipes on their website also
- Includes 1 year limited warranty (can purchase additional 4 years)
- Non-compatible: Cups are larger than (and not compatible with) previous models and also don’t fit into most cup holders.
- Fairly loud: due to large, powerful motor
- Difficulties with cup lids: If cup lid is on too tight it is hard to get it off again.
- Leaking: If the cover isn’t on properly it may leak (and since it’s used upside down – that can get rather messy).
- No recipe index: The hard cover cookbook has chapter titles, but no way of looking up specific recipes without flipping thru the pages manually.
Please note… I have read other reviews that some people have had troubles with their seals going bad/leaking, or their blades breaking, or motors burning out. I have only been using the Magic Bullet Pro for a couple of weeks and have not experienced any of these problems. However, I do think that it is very important to follow the instructions carefully. My husband is an engineer, and he explained it this way…this is a very high powered/high RPM motor (which is also why it’s a bit loud). Overfilling the cup will put an excessive load on the motor, which will cause it to overheat. It will also cause excessive pressure in the blending cup and that will cause seals to leak. It is very important to limit your blending time to a maximum of 1 minute because this high power 900 watt motor is in a small (and attractive) package that has a rated “duty cycle” of 50% (which means a max of 1 minute on and must stay off for 1 minute to cool). He also liked that the safety is well designed. The tabs that turn on the motor are on the clear plastic part of the blender assembly so the motor can only start if that is in place and there are 3 tabs that must engage for the motor to turn on. If that sounds complicated, rest assured, it’s not. You simply put the cup w/blade base onto the motor unit, press down slightly and turn. When it’s blended to your liking, reverse the process… twist the cup slightly and the motor will stop.
So to summarize that for the non-technical folks… to protect your NutriBullet PRO, you must follow the instructions closely. It’s pretty simple. Do not fill your cup past the “max line” and do not use for more than 1 minute at a time. FYI: There is no timer on the NutriBullet PRO, so I used the timer on my smartphone. I was able to blend whole flax seeds into dust in about 10 seconds, and could blend the entire shake, including nuts, berries, greens, etc. in about 30 seconds. It should not be a problem to limit to 1 minute.
That being said, the seals and blades are not meant to last forever. You can order either an extra extractor blade or extra 24oz tall cup for $9.96 + $2.99 S&P each.
If you do have troubles with your NutriBullet PRO, it comes with a One Year Limited Warranty. You may at your option extend this limited warranty for an additional 4 years by purchasing an additional limited warranty, which shall commence at the end of the one-year term for $18.99. If your NutriBullet PRO stops operating to your satisfaction due to defects in materials or workmanship, they’ll gladly repair it or replace it for free (excluding shipping and processing charges). (You can get specific information by calling them them at 1-855-34-NUTRI or checking their website at www.nutribullet.com).
What’s in the box?
- 1 High Torque Power Base (900 Horsepower motor!)
- 2 Extractor Blades (made of stainless steel and never needs sharpening)
- 1 Flip-Top To-Go Lid (provides an easy, mess-free opening)
- 1 32 oz. Colossal cup (super sized 32 oz…great for 2 servings)
- 2 24 oz. Tall Cups with 1 handled lip ring & 1 regular lip ring (all cups and rings/lids/bases fit each other)
- 1 18 oz. Short Cup (Perfect for snack-sized NutriBlasts)
- 2 Resealable Lids (fit all cup sizes)
- 1 User Manual / Cookbook (recipes ranging from classic NutriBlasts to party dips to healthy desserts)
- 1 Pocket Nutritionists (they call it “pocket” for a reason, small and handy to carry with on shopping trips)
- Quick Start Guide & 6 month free account at NutriLiving.com