HOT DEAL: Coolpad Arise Smartphone $99 + NO Monthly Fees | Scratch Wireless Review
Love your smartphone but hate the high monthly fees?
I was thinking about this the other day, years ago cell phone plans were right around $10 – $20 a month for voice. Then came text and the price went up. When smartphones entered the market their price was daunting. Many people waited to get one because of the high monthly cost for service. And now, after a few years with smartphones, it seems like we can’t live without them.
But, what if we didn’t have to live without our smartphones OR pay a monthly fee?
Free Text, Web and Voice
Scratch Wireless in a new and innovative smartphone service provider that offers completely free text, voice (calling) and data (web browsing) while on Wifi. If you need to connect or call when you’re not on Wifi, you can get a Voice Pass (lasts up to 30 days or 250 voice minutes) or Data Pass (lasts up to 30 days or 200 MBs). Both are just $14.99 each, which is cheaper than typical prepaid phones. Whenever you can connect to WiFi, everything is free. Passes are only used if/when you need to connect while not on Wifi. Texting and 911 calls are always available (even when no Wifi is available).
This would be GREAT for college kids and stay-at-home parents! If your city has free Wifi, you can hook this up and pay nothing!
Scratch Wireless and Coolpad Arise Review
Scratch Wireless sent us a Coolpad Arise to review and tell you about.
Right out of the box, the Arise was ready to go. It walked us through a brief setup which was easy and took only a few minutes. This Android smartphone can do all the normal stuff cell phones do: phone calls (you get a free phone number), text (same number) and get online on the internet. You can access Google Play to load any apps you want, watch Youtube videos, play games, and more! It has very good graphics and responds well (no noticeable slowing or lagging).
TIP: Install this free app to find available Wifi hotspots free zone – free wifi scanner
My daughter is 9 and in my opinion she’s too young to have a smartphone. But, kids in her class have phones (wth?!) And frankly, she rides her bike to school (a block away) and the thought of her being able to call or contact me is sort of comforting. But, I don’t want to add another $50+ a month to our already-too-high cell phone bill. I have to admit, I jumped at the chance to get this for her. She loaded a few fun games on it, keeps it charged and someday soon will probably talk to her friends on it all the time. For right now, it was a really inexpensive and effective way to meet a need.
- FREE CELL PHONE ~ this is a great feature; no monthly phone bill! You could even get rid of your home phone AND your cell phone
- FREE TEXT ~ Use it to text (and get all those text freebies we post!) – you can send/receive free Text even when you’re not on Wifi
- FREE APPS ~ Use it to download free Android apps on Google Play (I’m noticing a pattern here, we post tons of free apps too!)
- Smartphone without the $40 – $60 a month service plan! WOO HOO!
- When you’re not at home or on Wifi, you can buy a pass for voice or data as needed. And, it’s pretty cheap at just $14.99 a month for 250 minutes or 200 MB. That’s about 6 cents a minute for voice.
- Unlike a TracPhone where you have to pay exorbitant fees to buy minutes “as you go”. According to Tracphone’s website, minutes cost different amounts depending on how many you buy up front. A 60-minute bundle for $19.99 ends up costing about 33 cents per minute, while paying $199.99 for 1,500 minutes ends up costing only 13 cents per minute. Um… yikes.
- I’m a little annoyed that I cannot find a phone case for the Coolpad Arise. I searched online and found one Amazon reviewer who recommended a case; I bought it and it did NOT fit. 🙁 Allegedly cases for Motorola Moto E will fit the Coolpad Arise.
- Doesn’t support LTE
In summary: I’m super excited that this great smartphone basically does away with a monthly phone bill! I highly recommend Scratch Wireless and the Coolpad Arise.
Scratch Wireless’ New Smartphone, the Coolpad Arise, Now Shipping
Coolpad Arise, priced at $99 with FREE service, is revolutionizing the smartphone industry
CAMBRIDGE, Mass., June 16, 2015 – Scratch Wireless, the world’s first truly free mobile service, today announced it is now shipping its new Scratch-enabled Android smartphone, the Coolpad Arise. The phone, which is equipped with Scratch’s groundbreaking free service and regularly priced at only $99, allows consumers to enjoy the benefits of a smartphone without the cost. Consumers can purchase a phone by visiting ScratchWireless.com
The new Scratch device – the Coolpad Arise – is a fully-functional Android smartphone, featuring a 4″ display, high resolution camera and access to the entire Google Play store to give access to all the games, apps and more that anyone could want.
With the rise of smartphone usage, the cost of cellular service has skyrocketed. In 2001, the average American paid less than $20 a month for service. Now, according to a recent Cowen Group report, the average monthly plans total $90 a month for service – and $111 for those who own iPhones.
Scratch, on the other hand, provides free text, data and voice by taking advantage of the growing number of Wi-Fi hotspots, only using cellular networks to fill in the gaps – what Scratch calls Wi-Fi First. The Wi-Fi First model is working well for Scratch’s current users – helping them save an average of $76 a month, with some families saving over $200 a month. Scratch’s approach unlocks individuals and families from the chains of an expensive monthly bill, helping customers save, on average, almost $1,000 a year.
“Since introducing the Coolpad device last month, we have been thrilled to see such a strong positive response from consumers during pre-order, and are even more excited to get the devices in the hands of our consumers said Alan Berrey, CEO and co-founder of Scratch Wireless. “We feel this is the perfect phone for anyone who wants to save money on cellphone service, especially parents of first time smartphone owners. In fact, a recent survey of Scratch customers found parents love Scratch – 55 percent of parents who purchased a Scratch phone got it as a first smartphone for their child and 33 percent got it to switch their child from a more expensive plan to save money.
Additionally, here’s what some of our customers are saying about Scratch:
- “Scratch is the absolute best deal I have come across in a long, long time. You can’t beat FREE service! I have cut my phone bill from about $80 per month to $0 per month.” – Aaron P.
- “I cannot say enough about the Scratch phones. We went from having no phones at all to three Scratchphones in just two months. I love that there is no monthly bill waiting for me.” – Rebecca G.
- “I wouldn’t trade it for anything else on the market right now. With Scratch Wireless, I’ve been able to uncomplicate my cell phone experience and save a ton of money doing so.” – Caleb N.
About Scratch Wireless
Scratch Wireless is the world’s first free mobile service for text, data and voice. Through partnerships with industry-leading manufacturers and network operators, Scratch offers consumers full featured Android smartphones with free mobile service. Championing a “Wi-Fi First” approach to mobile communications,Scratch Wireless is changing the way people think about mobile service forever. To learn more about ScratchWireless, please visit http://www.scratchwireless.com or follow @ScratchWireless on Twitter.
Born in 2003, Coolpad is a young, fashionable global Top 10 smartphone brand that leverages their competitive advantages of R&D and manufacturing to advance all walks of life. Leading with a customer centric model, everything we do in science and technology innovation must relate back to the essence of the brand’s passion, vigor and personality of the people we serve.
Cool with elegant craft, material and design providing a premium experience for every user. Coolpad believes that smartphones are a way of life providing the user the ability to customize to their personality and ensure that everyone has a unique experience with their Coolpad Device.