Adobe Creative Cloud: Photoshop and Lightroom Review #ad
I’ve been using Photoshop for years. As a graphic designer, it’s an essential tool for almost every project. I’m also a professional photographer, so again Photoshop is a staple in my career. But, this Photoshop Creative Cloud and Lightroom Creative Cloud is best for more advanced, active photographers who want to be able to create and access their vision on any device, anywhere.
So, when Best Buy offered a year of Adobe Creative Cloud Photoshop and Lightroom, I jumped at the chance!
Capture the moment. Then make it your own with the combined power of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Photoshop Lightroom, Adobe Creative Cloud and helpful mobile apps.
Basically, Lightroom is a phenomenal tool to touch up and add filters and other cool effects to digital media.
It’s one thing to compare the latest version to an older version Adobe Suite. It’s another thing altogether when you compare to a really old version. Even more so in comparison to super old school technique. I’ve been taking pictures since filters were something you could actually touch (they still exist, but it used to be the only option).
The pictures shown to the right are my experiments with filters in Lightroom.
Take your best shot and make it even better with the Creative Cloud Photography plan.
My absolutely favorite thing: I love that you can actually see the filters you’ve applied and go back to them, one by one, and compare. I found that the first filter I applied seemed “best” until I tried others. Then it was helpful to go back to the first filter. Almost every time I realized that was actually not my favorite. Toggling features like that is a really powerful tool to get a better final product!
Adobe Creative Cloud Photography Plan is a 1-year subscription (encompassing Photoshop Creative Cloud and Lightroom Creative Cloud)
Creative Cloud Photography plan is all about enhanced photo editing and convenience with the multi-screen capabilities provided by the Cloud ($119.99 reg retail for a 1-year subscription).
disclaimer: The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free
- Perfect your Photography: From everyday edits to total transformations, the Creative Cloud plan lets you retouch and manipulate images in just about any way you can imagine.
- Organize, Edit & Share images from Anywhere: On your computer, on the web, on your iPad and on your iPhone or Android device. And when you make an editor flag a favorite in one place, it’s automatically updated everywhere else through Adobe CreativeSync technology.
- Showcase your Work: Organize images in web galleries or share them on your favorite social sites. Then use the Adobe Slate mobile app to craft visual stories and animated videos and the Adobe Voice mobile app to add your own voice for narration.
- Covers everything from easy edits to high-end retouching and manipulation
- Edit images from anywhere in the Cloud (use on all your devices)
- Shock full of new features such as facial recognition (group photos by face), panorama merge and straighten images, nondestructive editing (original is retained), and perspective warp
- Vast library of basic, intermediate and advanced how-to videos and tutorials
- May be challenging for beginners to learn (but lots of training is available)
- Price may deter casual users
In summary, I highly recommend this! It would make a great gift for the avid photographer on your list.